Nature does its magic once again. We can feel the changes, the crisp autumn, the beautiful golden foliage, and the Bengalis worldwide gearing up to welcome our beloved Maa Durga home. It is no different here in Portland. As we gear closer to the event, here are some of the details for the event. Unlike previous years, the event will be hybrid, offering a 30 time slot for our patrons to participate in the event. We do understand the time is too short to enjoy the festivities entirely. However, this provides an opportunity for the entire community to celebrate safely adhering to all the COVID guidelines. Patrons can ONLY enter the venue with an entry ticket. No tickets will be sold at the venue. Every time-slot has an associated entry ticket, without which entry will be denied. Keeping in mind the safety of our entire community, we humbly request that all our patrons (over the age of 12 years) carry proof of vaccination, ID card, and the ticket to grant entry into the event space.
Click Here for live YouTube Streams : Prabashi Portland YouTube
We would like to thank all our sponsors without whom this event would not be possible. It is our ardent request to visit their websites and reach out to them personally to understand how they can support you and your family.
The Pujo is hosted at the Sai baba temple in the Portland Balaji Temple complex. We would like to sincerely thank Portland Balaji Temple for their kind support in hosting Durga Pujo for the second consecutive year.
|FRIDAY 15th October
|Kala bou boron
|5:15 – 5:45 PM
|In person visit 1 (Darshan + Anjali)
|6:00 – 6:30 PM
|In person visit 2 (Darshan + Anjali)
|6:45 – 7:15 PM
|In person visit 3 (Darshan)
|7:30 – 8:00 PM
|In person visit 4 (Darshan)
|SATURDAY 16th OCTOBER – Morning
|11:30AM -12:00 PM
|In person visit 1( Darshan + Anjali)
|12:15 – 12:45 PM
|In person visit 2( Darshan + Anjali)
|1:00 -1:30 PM
|In person visit 3( Darshan + Anjali)
|1:45 – 2:15 PM
|In person visit 4( Darshan)
|SATURDAY 16th OCTOBER – Evening
|4:00 – 5:00 PM
|Sandhi Pujo and Bishorjon
|Pujo Wrap Up
|7:30 – 9:30PM
|Cultural Program Part 1
|SUNDAY 17th OCTOBER
|4:00 – 8:00 PM
|Cultural Program Part 2
Pujo “in-person” visits/ registration guidelines**
- Entry will be permitted with Pre-Registration only. Tickets will not be sold at the venue. It is mandatory that the tickets be bought online. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Keeping in mind the safety of our entire community we humbly request that all our patrons carry face-masks, proof of vaccination (12 years and older), ID card and the ticket to grant entry into the event space.
- Wearing masks indoors is mandatory. In case you have forgotten your mask, Prabashi will supply disposable masks on-site.
- Registration will start September 17th and will close on September 30th (or prior if the slots are full), depending on which comes first.
- Each time slot is limited to 30 mins. May we request all our patrons to be mindful of this.
- Tickets for the time slots cannot be changed to any other time slot once issued.
- We humbly request our Patrons to limit the purchase for the same day to one-slot only. That way more folks can participate in the in-person event.
** These guidelines might change according to any Federal or State mandates.
Pujo “Online” streaming
Similar to previous years, we will stream the Pujo and cultural events of both days on our Portland Prabashi YouTube channel. This offers an opportunity for everyone to participate in the festivities in the comfort of their home.
Click Here for Live and Recorded Events -> Prabashi Portland YouTube
Friday’s entry does not include food but separate food coupons can be bought. Tickets are mandatory for all adults and kids above 6 years of age for entry to Pujo venue. Kids below 6 years can enter for free. The food will be catered by India Connection and will be prepacked. Food tickets are limited and required to receive the food packets.
Menu Friday: Goat Biryani, Butter Naan, Chicken Tikka Masala, Rasmalai, Salad and Raita
On Saturday Prabashi will offer a vegetarian meal included in the ticket price. The food will be catered by the Balaji temple.
Menu Saturday: Veg pulao, Veg Jalfrezi, Paneer Butter Masala, Medhu Vada, Gulab Jamun and Papad
Event registration is now closed.