With the (hopes of) winter fading away to make room for the impending spring, we gear up to celebrate the power of knowledge and wisdom by praying to Ma Saraswati. Keeping up with the normal that is now social distancing the event will be celebrated virtually on Saturday Feb 20, 2021.
Besides the pujo itself, we have an exciting slate of events planned for both young and adult. Some old… and some brand new.
11:00am - 12:00pm
Join us for a ghurelu community pujo from the comfort of your own home. Pushpanjali is at 11:30am!
General Performance -- naach, gaan, abritti
We have dedicated an hour for our local performers. While we will try to accommodate everyone’s performances, proposals will be entertained on a first-come first-serve basis. So, submit early!
Kids' Boshe aanko competition
12:30pm -1:30pm: Competition
1:30pm -1:45pm: Evaluation
1 hour of creative freedom for our little painters and artists to showcase their imagination and individuality. It can either be a painting or any craftwork that the kids prefer!
Age limit: 12 years
Judge:Mark Da Silva,
Graphic and Technical Designer, Adidas
BFA, Academy of Art University
1:45pm - 2:30pm
An assorted presentation from our Bengali school showcasing kids' talent and art-mindedness. Organized by Nupur and Poulomi
2:30pm - 3:30pm
Prabashi Saraswati Puja 2021, Dumb-Charade rules:
- A maximum of 10 teams can participate. A team can have a maximum of 3 participants, with each member sitting in different rooms, under separate cameras and will join the zoom link separately!!
- Competitors will be given Bollywood movie names only. The choice of the movie name will be selected by each team through a blind lottery draw!!
- Each team will have 2 mins to guess the name of the movie.
- 10 points to the team for each successful guess of theirs within the timeframe. In case a team fails to guess, no points will be awarded.
- Please stick to fair play rules and refrain from cheating for a proper, fun game. The moderator can deduct points, if caught!!
- Pre-defined gestures for the most common of words, like – male/female, old/new, actor/actress etc.
There will be a coordination meeting on the weekend before (13th/14th Feb).
Adda (Open to all)
4:00pm - 7:00pm
Adda with mouth-watering food and cha is a quintessential part of the Bangali experience, and is wonderfully captured in novels and stories from Bengal. We, at Prabashi, want to recreate and capture the same flavor here in Portland with our Bangalees.
This event is open to all. No pre-registration needed !Zoom login details (for participants)
Join Zoom Meeting