Cultural Show Registration Deadline is Sept 15th
The deadline for participation in the Durga Puja Cultural Show is fast approaching. Our cultural committee would like to have all performance registrations submitted by 15th September.
We would also request you to let us know by that same date if you or your group will need to pull out due to any reason so we can give someone waitlisted a chance.
Spots are filling up real fast so please send in your show registrations asap here
Puja Magazine Submission Deadline is Sept 28th
By popular demand the Puja Magazine is returning this year. Our Gen-Z team is hard at work putting together the layout. If past record is any evidence of future performance we will have yet another collectible on our hands.
The goal as always is to showcase the amazing and sometimes hidden creative talents in our community. Kids are especially encouraged to send in their work, with parental permission of course.
We are requesting submissions in the form of
Artwork/Painting (jpeg, png)
Poetry (word, pdf)
Essays/Stories (word, pdf)
Original photography (jpeg, png)
Please ensure that submissions meet the following guidelines:
- Must be original.
- Why? Might just as well put a link to the original than use up precious print space on a copy.
- Must be non-discriminatory and non-racial.
- Why? Requires elected office. If still interested set up a campaign and run for office.
- Keep it PG.
- Why? It is the network that gets sued when the artist's wardrobe malfunctions.
- Avoid extremist and reactionary viewpoints.
- Why? Anything you write today can come back to haunt a couple decades later when you are running for President. Some opponents will even research previous births!!
Submissions for poetry and creative writing should be in either Bengali (preferred) or English and all entries should be emailed to debangana (at) gmail.com by 28th September for due consideration.
An editorial board will review all submissions and make the final selections. So free your imagination and let the creative magic begin!!
Jai Ma Durga!!